|Search for Flights to London
Flights to London
Book flights to London with FlightSite
Get discounted flights to London and a wide range of
destinations both locally and abroad. Some of the airlines that you can book your.
Airlines flying to London
Noisy, vibrant and truly multicultural, London is the capital and largest city of both the United Kingdom and of England.
London has a tremendous amount of cultural offerings - performing arts,
museums, exhibitions, clubs, and eateries.
Take a walk through London's Royal Parks. All parks have plenty
of places to stop, sit, drink and eat. London
is one of the best cities in the world for concerts. The West End of London is
one of the world's premier destinations for theatre.
London goes "tennis crazy" for two weeks when the Wimbledon competitions commence. London also offers winter and summer skating,
natural history museums and unique shopping attractions.
Flying to London
means that you will be landing at London's
International airport - Heathrow. Heathrow is London's largest airport and the world's
busiest airport in terms of international passenger movement.
Tax-free shops in airports are not strong
in variety, and they close rather early as well. Shop listings at airport web
sites can help to plan your tax-free shopping.
Getting to and from the airport is also
easy with available car hire and taxi transfers to and from your hotel.
1) Galvin at Windows, Park Lane – run by Chef Patron Chris Galvin, this Michelin-starred restaurant offers a glamourous night out. Serving up modern French haute cuisine, it also has incredible views of Hyde Park.
2) Dinner by Heston – the infamous Heston Blumenthal scarcely needs an introduction, however his restaurant at the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park does. Serving up a host of reinterpreted historic British dishes, Dinner by Heston has been awarded two Michelin Stars, and couples elegant, contemporary architecture with outstanding, creative cuisine.
3) Wild Honey – this minute restaurant opposite St George’s Hanover Square combines a stunning outlook with a modern, stylish interior. Sporting an impressive wine list, and a French-inspired menu offering up the freshest, season ingredients, a visit to Wild Honey is a must.
4) Maggie Jones – this snug restaurant, tucked down a side street off Kensington Church Street will take you back to the 1970s. High-backed chairs, scrubbed tables and walls hung with cartwheels and pottery faces. It serves up French bistro food at an affordable place, and a unique, cosy atmosphere.
5) The Blueprint Café – situated above the Design Museum with an incredible view over the Thames, this eatery offers up a wholesome British menu served in a simple, yet stylish setting.
To take advantages of the latest airfares and special offers to keep an eye on FlightSite.co.za and book your own flights online, or call 0860 23 24 25 now to speak to one of our expert travel consultants.
Did You Know?
In 2015, construction is said to begin of a “garden bridge” over the River Thames, as the scheme has now won the planning permission necessary from two local councils. The structure was originally conceived by the actress Joanna Lumley 15 years ago, and will be designed by the English designer Thomas Heatherwick. The bridge will provide a new route between the north and south sides of the river, and will cost an incredible $275 million.
London AccommodationThere are many hotels & guest houses in
and around the city, and range from 3 - 5 stars depending on your budget. There are lots of small inexpensive B&Bs
in and around London.
ClimateLondon has a temperate marine climate. London receives an average of only 1468 hours
of sunshine every year. Despite this, summers are generally warm, with daytime
temperatures above 20 degrees. Warm weather can usually be expected from May to
Winters in London are chilly, with daytime highs of
around 6 degrees. Snow is relatively uncommon, particularly because heat from
the urban area.
Car Hire/ Airport TransfersGetting to and from the airport is also easy with available car hire and taxi transfers to and from your hotel
travel around London on your own, rent a car through Europcar and
Flightsite in an easy 3-step booking process. With low prices, quality
service and new vehicles, Europcar will ensure pleasant and safe travel
around the city.
If you’re not up for renting a car whilst
you’re in London, simply use the London Airport Transport service to get
around. Contact 0208 1234 971, or simply book online here.