Virgin Atlantic Airways
Virgin Atlantic Airways is a British airline owned by business magnate Sir Richard Branson, forming part of his highly successful and recognised Virgin Group. Branson is, however, not the sole owner of the airline, with 51% of its shares. The other 49% is owned by Singapore Airlines. Virgin Atlantic operates flights to most of the top destinations in the world, including North America, the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
Virgin Atlantic Airways Checking In
Virgin Atlantic recommends you arrive at the airport 2-3 hours before your flight is scheduled to depart. The cut off time is an hour before departure. Online check in is also an option.
Virgin Atlantic Airways Carry-On Baggage
All carry-on baggage must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. Economy and premium economy passengers are allowed 1 carry-on bag. Upper class passengers are allowed 2 carry-on bags.
Virgin Atlantic Airways Seating Options
Seats can be pre-allocated after you have booked your flight. This service is offered up to 24 hours before your flight departs. Pre-assigned seats are done online. Check in needs to be completed no later than 2 hours before departure time so that Virgin Airways can honour your request.
Virgin Atlantic Airways Destinations
The majority of Virgin Atlantic's flights operate from London Heathrow, with the remainder operating from London Gatwick and Manchester Airport. There is one seasonal flight which operates from Glasgow International Airport.
Virgin Atlantic Airways In-flight Entertainment
All passengers travelling with Virgin Atlantic can enjoy personal seat-back televisions providing entertainment during those long-haul flights. Certain aircraft also boast Audio/Video on Demand (AVOD) system called V.Port. Older IFE systems are featured on certain other aircraft in the fleet, and have smaller screens displaying audio and video on a loop rather than on demand.
Facts about Virgin Atlantic Airways
- Virgin Atlantic Airways allows travelling with pets. Pets travelling with passengers must be checked in at the ticket counter.
- Virgin Atlantic Airways offers in-flight service like snacks and beverages for purchase and complimentary meals
- Virgin mixes its airline fleet to include both Airbus and Boeing aircraft, which boast an average age of 6.7 years.
- Checked baggage you may carry depends on which service class you are flying.
- Extra seats can be booked for special baggage