Fly with Swiss International Airlines
Swiss International Airlines is a leading airline in Switzerland, operating scheduled flights throughout Europe, North America, South America, Africa and Asia. Its main hub operates from Zurich Airport. The airline is a subsidiary of the German airline Lufthansa.
Swiss International Airlines was formed after its predecessor, Swissair, filed for bankruptcy in 2002. Part of Swissair's assets was sold to Crossair. Crossair then changed its name to Swiss International, officially launching operations in March 2002. Currently, Swiss employs 7 359 people.
Swiss International Checking In
Check-in desks close 30 minutes before departure. Desks for long haul flights close 40 minutes before the flight departs. You must check-in all bags, and all passengers travelling need to be present.
Swiss International Carry-On Baggage
You are allowed to carry 1 piece of baggage with you on the flight at no extra charge. The maximum weight for carry-on baggage must not exceed 8 kg. For those travelling business or first class, 2 pieces of checked luggage are allowed, with a maximum weight of 8 kg per bag.
Swiss International Seating Options
SWISS offers 3 options for seating on their flights. Economy class seating on SWISS has a distance of 32 inches between seats. Business class seating on SWISS has a distance of up to 60 inches between seats. First class seating on SWISS has 83 inches of space. The seats are modern and have individual television screens.
Swiss International Destinations
Swiss International Airlines operates regular, scheduled flights to most continents, including South America, North America, Africa, Asia and Europe.
Facts about Swiss International Airlines
- Swiss International Airlines allows travelling with pets. Pets travelling with passengers must be checked in at the ticket counter.
- Swiss International Airlines offers in-flight service like snacks and beverages for purchase and complimentary meals
- The average age of the Swiss International Airline fleet is 10.5 years.
- Checked in hand luggage you may carry depends on which service class you are flying.
- Extra seats can be booked for special baggage