South African Airways
South African Airways (SAA Flights) is South Africa's leading carrier, and largest domestic and international airline company. South African Airways Flights (SAA), rated by performance, revenues, safety and other criteria, is the best and most profitable airline in Africa, and one of the top airlines in the world.
South African Airways Specials
- Weekly domestic & international flight deals. SAA currently has a flight sale running that is inspired by heritage day. The South African Heritage Month Sale has domestic flights that start from R696*. Flights from Johannesburg to Durban from R696* and Cape Town from R799*. All-inclusive one-way airfares. Travel until 31 January 2017*. *Subject to change. Limited availability*
SAA in the news
- Africa’s on sale with South African Airways. Domestic flights from R827* | International flights from R5227*. Domestic From Johannesburg to Durban from R827*, East London from R941*, Port Elizabeth from R964* and Cape Town from R1447*. All-inclusive one-way airfares. Between Johannesburg and Cape Town, East London, Port Elizabeth: Book and travel until 31 August 2016. Johannesburg and Durban: Book and travel until 30 June 2016. International: From Johannesburg to Lilongwe from R6644*, Entebbe from R7897*, Brazzaville from R9556*, Dar es Salaam from R6854*, Abuja from R9479* and Nairobi from R8739*, Luanda from R5227*. All-inclusive return airfares. From Johannesburg to Entebbe, Lilongwe, Brazzaville, Dar es Salaam, Abuja, Nairobi, Luanda: Book and travel until 30 September 2016. *Subject to change. Limited availability* Book NOW!
- South African Airways and JetBlue Airways signed a codeshare agreement on SAA’s flights between Washington and Accra. Jet Blue operates flights from Washington to multiple cities across North America. SAA passengers can use the codeshare agreement to fly to Chicago, Los Angeles, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale and Houston.
- Momentum Multiply Members can now book South African Airways and Etihad flights at a discount of up to 40% on the published fares (excluding taxes). Members can fly on these preferred rates to a number of key destinations across the globe.
- SAA has reduced their flight frequency between Johannesburg and Abu Dhabi from twice daily flights to only four flights a week. The airline said that demand on this route was lower than they had expected which is why they have decided to reduce their flight frequency.
- SAA will start flying to Abuja, Nigeria, from the 26th of January 2016. The airline will operate three weekly flights between the two cities. Flight SA089 will be departing Abuja for Johannesburg on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 08h45 arriving at 15h40.
- South African Airways has opened a brand new lounge in OR Tambo International Airport’s domestic terminal. Voyager Lifetime Platinum, SAA business-class, Platinum, Gold and Silver members, SAA Voyager/Nedbank Premium Credit Card, Star Alliance Gold members and Investec Private Bank Account card holders will have access to this new lounge.
- As from the 22nd of September 2015, all SAA Business Class passengers flying regionally will receive a Samsung tablet for the duration of the flight, which will be preloaded with Movies, TV Series and Magazines. This initiative will give SAA's business class product a competitive advantage over their competition, who are only currently supplying their business class passenger with newspapers.
- Towards the end of March 2015, SAA completed a 90-Day Action Plan that commenced late last year - with an aim to stabilise the airline and bring it closer towards reaching its long-term turnaround strategy. As a result of the action plan, the airline has recorded substantial savings. However, SAA spokespersona Tlali Tlali noted that further changes still need to be made, specifically in the form of various retrenchments, details of which were not given in depth.
- As of March 28, 2015, South African Airways will stop operating direct flights between