Qatar Airlines is the main airline in Qatar, and is based in the capital city of Doha. This airline operates to all the leading destinations in the world. It is also one of just six airlines to be awarded the prestigious five star rating by Skytrax - a United Kingdom based consultancy which conducts research and surveys on commercial airlines.
Qatar Airlines currently flies to 84 destinations in 52 countries around the world, including Europe, Africa and North America. Qatar Airways Cargo, its freight branch airline, flies to 21 of these destinations. The airline was established in late November, 1993.
News & Specials
- 10.10.16: Save 20% on flights to China. Flights to seven amazing cities in China have been marked down by up to 20%. You can fly to Shanghai, Beijing, Chengdu, Hong Kong, Hangzhou, Guangzhou or Chongqing from Cape Town, Johannesburg or Durban and save on both economy and business class flights. Book before 17 October 2016 | Travel until 30 June 2017.
- 22.04.16: Qatar Airways will be adding an additional daily return flight to its Johannesburg route. The airline will start operating the new route from the 1st of June 2016. The flight, flight QR 1364 and return flight QR 1359, will be operated by Qatar’s Boeing 777-300ER aircraft. The aircraft can carry 388 passengers in economy class, and 24 passengers in business class.
- 13.04.16: Up to 20% off Qatar airways flights. Qatar airways economy & business class flights to selected cities in the USA, Africa, India, Far East and Europe have been marked down by up to 20%. Book: 11 – 18 April 2016 | Travel: 14 April – 10 December 2016. Please use the booking engine above to search for and compare flight prices.
- 01.04.16: Qatar Airways will be introducing four weekly flights between Doha and Windhoek. The service will commence on the 28th of September 2016. The airline is also planning to launch a direct service between Lusaka and Doha. The service is scheduled to start in the summer of 2017.
- 10.03.16: March Madness Sale! Save up to 40% on flights to selected cities in Asia. Book 7 – 8 March | Travel 1 April – 15 June 2016. Economy class and business class flights are on sale. Save on flights to Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Seoul, Saigon, Taipei & more.
- 16.11.15: Save up to 25% on Qatar Flights with FlightSite. Fly to New York from R 9807*, Rome from R 7087*, Edinburgh from R 8277*, Denpasar from R8963* and Beijing from R7634*. Flights from Cape Town to London, New York, Munich and more, are also on sale! Sale dates: 16 Nov – 20 Nov 15
Travel Dates: 20 Nov 15 – 30 Jun 15. (*Subject to change. Limited availability).
- 03.11.15: FlightSite is running a global seat sale on Qatar Airways with fantastic discounts, seats will go quickly so grab them while you can. Book from 02 – 06 November 2015 and travel from 08 November 2015 to 30 June 2016. Flights from Johannesburg start from R5477* and destinations include Abu Dhabi, Berlin, Bangkok, Rome, New York, London, Sydney and more. Flights from Cape Town start from R5676* to Istanbul, other destinations include Barcelona, Athens, Delhi, Miami, Milan and more. Durban has not been left out of this sale with airfares starting from R5415*. *Subject to change, limited availability*.
- 28.09.15: Qatar Airways has recently been tipped to begin non-stop flights from Doha to Sydney, Australia. An alleged deal with the Australian government will give tourism in Australia a massive boost, raising Australia flight capacity by 50%. Keep an eye on this page for more developments on the route!
- In May 2015, Qatar Airways announced that it will be expanding the services of its A350 to Germany, with the aircraft being deployed to its Doha-Munich route. This development will commence on October 1, 2015, and the Qatar Airways group chief executive Akbar Al Baker had the following to say: "Qatar Airways is delighted to be the first airline in Germany to provide this unique offering of flying exclusively the A350 XWB to two key cities, reiterating the airline's steadfast commitment to the market." Currently, the airline operates 14 weekly flights between Munich and it's Doha base - Hamad International Airport.
- On Monday, January 19 2015, Qatar Airways was awarded 'Business Airline of the Year' for the second year in a row at the prestigious 2015 Business Travel Awards. This year, the event was held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London, and was the 20th ceremony of its kind. In this particular category, Qatar Airways came up against Air Fance, Etohad Airways, Delta Airlines, All Nippon Airways (ANA) and Lufthansa German Airlines; coming out on top. Country Manager for UK and Ireland - Richard Oliver - said "This away reiterates the quality of our renowned 5-star service and it is an honour to have been recognised in this category again". Qatar Airways were also nominated in the 'Best Long-Haul Airline', but unfortunately, lost out to All Nippon Airways (ANA).
The airline offers a broad spectrum of flights to over 100 destinations
across the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South
America and Australia. Qatar is also one of just six airlines to be
awarded the prestigious five star rating by Skytrax.
Frequent Flyer Program
Qatar Airway's frequent flyer program is known as Privelege Club, and boasts agreements with partners such as US Airways, Asiana Airlines, and Middle East Airlines. The club offers four tiers of membership: Burgundy, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Each feature exclusive benefits, such as priority check-in, lounge access, excess baggage allowance, and priority boarding. Earn Qmiles when you travel on Qatar Airways, or any oneworld member airline, and redeem these with upgrades, excess baggage, additional flights, and much more.
Qatar Airways boast a number of offices worldwide. To source contact details for your country, simply visit the Qatar contact page on their website. Elsewise, fill out an enquiry form on the FlightSite website, and let us help you!
The Qatar Airways fleet consists of 161 aircrafts, including 35 Airbus A320-200's, 28 Boeing 777-300ER's, and 22 Boeing 787-8's.
Qatar Airways flights are famous for their award-winning in-flight entertainment and for their world class memorable flight experience. It is the first international airline to introduce live digital satellite TV onboard. The seating on Qatar Airways flights ensure passengers are comfortable and pampered. Qatar Airways offer 3 options for seating on their flights namely; economy, business and first class.
The baggage allowance on-board Qatar Airways flights differs according to destination, flight class, and frequent flyer status. As such, make sure to check your baggage allowance when booking your flight.