Fly with Iberia Airlines
Iberia Airlines is a Spanish airline that is also its native country's flag carrier. It has existed since 1927 and the Spanish government played a key role in its formation. The company belongs to the Iberia Group, which is known for their prowess in the transport industry.
The airline carried 28 million passengers in 2006 and they have reported a profit for 13 consecutive years. To date, more than 500 million people have used Iberia to reach their destination of choice. The hub of the airline is in Madrid at the Madrid-Barajas Airport and Iberia accounts for most of the airport's traffic.
Iberia Airlines Checking In
The check-in time for Iberia flights ends, for all passengers, 45 minutes before scheduled departures. Online check in is available.
Iberia Airlines Carry-On Baggage
One carry-on item and one personal item, is allowed per traveller. A seat can be purchased to carry a large or fragile suitcase.
Iberia Airlines Seating Options
Iberia offers its customers the opportunity of selecting their seat. You may also changed your seat number at later stage should you need to. The legroom is 32 inches between seats.
About Iberia Airlines
Iberia Airlines flies to 82 international and 38 domestic destinations. They serve 44 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe. The airline has code share agreements with many other airlines and they use these agreements to offer their customers flights to 90 other destinations throughout the world. American Airlines, Meridiana, S7 Airlines, Vueling Airlines, and Comair are only a few of the airlines with whom Iberia Airlines have codeshare agreements.Iberia flies to cities such as Johannesburg in South Africa, Bucharest in Romania, Guatemala City in Guatemala, and Tel Aviv in Israel.
Facts about Iberia Airlines
- Iberia Airlines allow travelling with pets. Pets travelling with passengers must be checked in at the ticket counter.
- Iberia Airlines offers in-flight service like snacks and beverages for purchase and complimentary meals
- The Iberia Airlines fleet consists of 5 Airbus planes. The company will increase this to 14 Airbus aircrafts by 2014.
- For flights to international destinations, one piece checked baggage and one carry-on item are allowed free of charge
- Extra seats can be booked for special baggage