Etihad Airways Flights
Established in 2003, Etihad Airways Flights are the flag carrier of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. This airline operates flights to and from the Middle East, Europe, the Indian subcontinent, North America, the Far East, Africa, and Oceania, with its main hub in Abu Dhabi International Airport.
News & Specials
- 29.04.16: Up to 40% off Etihad flights. Book 29 April – 8 May 2016 | Travel 26 May – 28 February 2016. Johannesburg to Rome from R6890*, Bangkok from R7015*, New York R9080*, London from R8480*, Hong Kong from R6995*, Istanbul from R6295*. Business class: Rome from R21,230*, Bangkok from R21,050*, New York from R31,740*, London from R25,645*, Hong Kong from R21,415*, Istanbul from R20,318*. Flights to Istanbul, Jeddah, Venice, Athens, Singapore and Brisbane are also on sale. *Subject to change. Limited availability.*
- 05.04.16: Etihad Airways is introduce three additional weekly flights between Johannesburg and Abu Dhabi. The flights will only be operated between July and September, summer in Abu Dhabi. In July the new flights will be operated on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Flight EY 601 will depart JHB at 09h45 and arrive in Abu Dhabi at 20h15. The return flight will depart at 01h45 and arrive back at OR Tambo International at 08h15. In August and September the flights will move to Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. The flight times will stay the same. Ticket sales for these flights have already opened.
- 23.02.16: The world is on sale! 100 destinations worldwide are on sale in Etihad’s global sale. Book 23 – 29 Feb 2016 | Travel 10 Mar – 12 Dec 2016. Cairo from R6,210*, Abu Dhabi/Dubai from R7,870*, Kuala Lumpur from R8,190*, Amsterdam from R7,230*, Dublin from R7,220*, Geneva from R7,160*, Mumbai from R6,720*. 93 more destinations around the world are also on sale. *Subject to change. Limited availability.*
- 25.01.16: Etihad Airways is running a global sale with airfares starting from as little as R7318. More than 15 destinations worldwide are on sale including Rome, Paris, Sydney, London and Mumbai. Book before the 28th of January 2016 for travel up until the 31st of December 2016. Use the booking engine above to search for and book your Etihad flights today.
- 06.01.16: We start the new year with an amazing special by Etihad Airways. More than 50 destinations worldwide are on sale with flights starting from as little as R6420. You can book until the 10th of January 2016 for travel up until the 30th of June 2016. Use the booking engine on the left to search for and book your flights to Rome, Paris, Mumbai, New York or London today!
- 26.10.15: We are running an exclusive 30% off Etihad Airways flights sale. Book from the 26th until the 29th of October 2016, for travel from the 18th of January to the 15th of June 2016. Flights to Doha, Mumbai, London, Melbourne, Berlin, Dublin & more are on sale. Please use the booking engine above to search for and book Etihad flights today!
- 23.09.15: It was recently revealed that Abu Dhabi state-owned carrier, Etihad Airways, will look to raise as much as $500 million towards a fleet expansion. The current fleet currently consists of over 100 aircrafts, however, the airline is looking to match the massive demand for international travel, which is always on the rise.
- Etihad Airways has announced a number of changes to the airline's flights between Abu Dhabi, and Toronto, Chicago, and New York. The changes will take into effect in late March, 2015. The modification include more convenient schedule options for UAE passengers travelling to North America, and establish new connections to key markets such as Dhaka, Kolkata, and Kathmandu.
- Etihad Airways was named "Airline of the year" at the 2015 Aviation 100 Awards - a reputable awards ceremony organised by Airline Economics magazine. The title clinched by Etihad Airways follows a milestone year for the airline, which saw massive growth in their level of service and innovation. As well as the introduction of 10 new routes, 2014 also saw the airline reveal a new overall 'look', with new uniforms and on board offerings launched, including other facets of their brand.
Etihad Airways serves 96 passenger and cargo destinations across 62 countries in Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Australasia from it's hub at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Frequent Flyer Program
The Frequent Flyer Programme at Etihad Airways is called Etihad Guest. Etihad Guest is a programme designed to ensure greater flexibility and unique benefits when flying.
Earn Etihad Guest Miles when you fly with Etihad Airways, their airline partners and non-airline partners, or when you visit their online shop. Use your Miles to plan and book your dream holiday, to purchase treats from the Etihad online shop, and even choose to donate them to the underprivileged.
To contact Etihad Airways, simply call 0860 23 24 25 to speak to one of our trusty travel agents, or fill out the contact form right here on the FlightSite website, and let us assist you.
Etihad Airways has a fleet of 107 passenger aircrafts, including 23 A320-200s, 71 B787-9s and 22 A330-200s.
For flights to international destinations, one piece checked baggage and one carry-on item are allowed free of charge. Extra seats cab be booked for special baggage. With Etihad, you are allowed to carry one piece of hand luggage, and one laptop bag per traveller.
After being issued a royal decree by Sheikh Khaliefa bin Zayed Nahyan, Etihad Airways was established as the national airline of the United Arab Emirates. Starting with an initial budget of AED500 million, the airline began its first ceremonial flight to A1 Ain on November 5th, 2003, and started commercial operations on November 12th that same year. In the following months, they were able to added almost one route per month to their growing portfolio. Etihad also set up a subsidiary, Etihad Holidays.
In 2004, Etihad flew its first direct flight from the United Arab Emirates to Geneva, and in 2005, it flew to Brussels and Toronto. By 2006, Etihad Airways had flown to 30 destinations in 30 months. In 2008, Etihad carried a whopping 6 million passengers to over 50 destinations.