Emirates Airlines (or simply Emirates) is the national airline of Dubai, and a leading airline in the world. Operating out of its primary hub at Dubai International Airport, Emirates flies to over 140 destinations in more than 80 countries spanning over 6 continents, excluding Antarctica. Each week, over 1500 Emirates flights depart Dubai en-route to destinations world-wide.
Whether you’re flying to Dubai, New York, London, or somewhere more exotic, you’ll get there in comfort if you fly Emirates Airlines.
News & Specials
- Book today and save with up to 35% with discounted fares by Emirates Airlines in Business and Economy class from Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban for a limited period only. Book until the 11th of February 2016 for travel until the 30th of November 2016.
- Save up to 35% on international flights. Book your 2016 international flights today and save up to 35% on Emirates airlines flights to Paris, Dubai, Rome, Frankfurt, Geneva, Hong Kong, Istanbul, New York, Kuala Lumpur, London, and many more. Economy class flights start from R6740* | Business class flights start from R22 214*. Book: 11 – 18 Jan 2016 | Travel: 18 Jan – 10 Dec 2016. Don't miss out, use the booking engine above to search for and book your flights today! *Prices are subject to change. Limited availability.*
- Emirates will start flying on a daily basis to Sabiha Gokcen Airport in Istanbul from the 15th of December 2015. The airline currently operates 11 weekly flights to Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport. The flights will depart Dubai at 17:15 arriving at Sabiha Gokcen Airport at 20:15 daily. The return flight will depart at 22:05 and arrive back in Dubai at 04h20 the following day.
- Emirates Airlines and Alaska Airlines have signed a codeshare agreement which will allow passengers to book tickets on both airlines through Emirates’ booking portal. The agreement will see Emirates selling seats on Alaskan Airlines flights to 49 cities across North America including Honolulu, Las Vegas, Portland, Pullman, Denver, Phoenix, Sacramento, Spokane and Anchorage.
- Emirates has expanded its network in Africa by partnering with FastJet. Emirates has announced a mutual distribution and sales agreement with FastJet which will not allow Emirates clients to book seats on FastJet flights on through Emirates’ booking channels.
- Emirates are constantly running a wide range of flight specials. Until July 27, 2015, book a return trip to Barcelona for only R7141, a return trip to Dublin for only R7778, and a return trip to Mumbai for only R6232. Travel period for these flights is December 1, 2015 - April 30, 2015.
- Between the 19th of January, and 31st of May, 2014, Emirates are offering competitive specials for return flights between Johannesburg, and several popular European cities. For example, Johannesburg to Barcelona for R6382, Johannesburg to Geneva for R6057 and Johannesburg to Paris for R6753. To take advantage of these incredible offers, book with Emirates before 27th January 2015, and travel between the dates mentioned above.
From unforgettable safaris and holiday visits to the business opportunities that Africa presents as the continent continues to develop, an increasing number of travellers are visiting this diverse continent. There are several Emirates flights connecting the African continent with Dubai, with destinations including Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban. Emirates also flies to Mauritius and the Seychelles, Harare, Lusaka, and several Central African cities including Nairobi. North and West Africa are also well serviced, with flights to Lagos, Accra, Dakar, Casablanca, Tunis and Cairo.
Flights from Dubai to cities across Europe depart daily, with Emirates airlines covering most major European destinations. In Southern Europe, travellers can fly to Istanbul, Athens, Malta, Rome, Milan, Barcelona and Lisbon and many more. Central and Northern European destinations include Paris, Geneva, Vienna, Munich, Frankfort, Amsterdam, and Copenhagen.
Travellers who are keen to visit Russia or the United Kingdom can also take advantage of the Emirates flight network, with routes to Moscow and St Petersburg, London, Manchester, Glasgow and Dublin.
Emirates airlines offers several flights from Dubai to cities in North and South America. Routes to the United States include the following destinations: New York, Washington, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle. A flight to Toronto, Canada is also available.
Emirates airlines flies to three cities in South America: Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires.
Travellers visiting Asia can book one of the many Emirates flights servicing this part of the globe. From major cities in India including Mumbai to Singapore, Bangkok, Tokyo and Manila, Emirates covers the Asian continent extensively.
Flights from South Africa
Emirates conduct flights from three major South African cities: Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban. Often travelling through Dubai, Emirates conduct over 90 flights from Johannesburg, to destinations such as Boston, Athens, Hong Kong, Moscow and Paris.
The airline conducts approximately 80 flights from Durban - destinations such as Amsterdam, Bangkok, London and Singapore.
Lastly, Emirates conduct just over 50 flights from the Mother City itself - Cape Town. International destinations include Copenhagen, Chicage, Geneva, Hamburg, and Milan.
Visa Requirements for South Africans
It is important to keep in mind that visas may be required for both destinations and transit countries, so make sure to check the visa requirements pertaining to South African passport-holders for both. Dubai, as a popular transit country, offers three separate options for South African passport-holders:
1) TWOV (Transite Without Visa) - this is designated for holders of onward tickets. The maximum transit time is 24 hours.
2) Transit Visa - a 96-hour transit visa can be obtained on arrival at Dubai if transit time is at least 8 hours, if a holding onward ticket is confirmed, if the passenger had a passport valid for at least 6 months from date of arrival.
3) Standard Visa - All other visas must be obtained as per the AE specific requirements.
Located on the southeast coast of the Persian Gulf, Dubai is a vibrant, densley populated global city. As a dynamic business hub of the region it is symbolic for it's elegance and modernity. Mentionable features in this bustling city include the world's tallest building - the Burj Khalifa, a traditional desert safari, the spectacular Dubai Fountains, and a meal at numerous world-class, award-winning Dubai restaurant, including the One&Only Royal Mirage's Eauzone restaurant.
Frequent Flyer Programme
The award-winning Emirates frequent flyer programme Skywards is a simple, convenient way to take advantage of flight hours accumulated with the airline. Earn Miles on Emirates flights, or on flights with their ever-growing network of partner airlines. Spend Skywards Miles on upgrades, flights, shopping, or choose the option to share them with your family and friends. Making use, and reaping the rewards of this wonderful programme is quick and easy - and will definitely keep you coming back to the airline for more.
flew its first routes out of Dubai, on 25th October 1985, with leased
Boeing 737 and Airbus 300 B4 aircrafts. Since then, the airline has
evolved into a globally influential travel and tourism conglomerate.
The airline boasts a range of world class aircrafts.
Emirates operate a fleet consisting of Airbus and Boeing airplanes. The
fleet consists of Airbus A330, A340, A350 and A380, and Boeing 777
Generally, economy class customers may check in 30 kilograms,
business class travellers may check in 40 kilograms and if you are
flying first class you can travel with 50 kilograms of checked baggage.
All flights allow one piece of carry-on baggage, as well as a
laptop-sized bag, handbag, or briefcase on the flight, at no extra
Emirates carry-on baggage allowances may vary depending on your
route, class of travel and membership. Duty free purchases are
permitted, in reasonable quantities, for all service classes. Customers
travelling with infants are permitted to bring one carry-cot or one
fully collapsible stroller, as well as one extra piece of checked-in
First class and business class customers are permitted two
pieces of carry-on baggage. Each item may not exceed 7 kilograms.
Economy class customers are permitted one piece of carry-on
baggage that may not weigh more than 7 kilograms. All cabin baggage must
fit either under the seat in front of you or in one of the overhead
lockers. Baggage may not be placed behind your legs, in the aisles or in
front of emergency exits.
Oversized cabin Baggage
Exemptions may be granted for oversized cabin baggage
containing valuable or fragile items. Sports equipment and musical
instruments are subject to the same size and weight restrictions. Items
that may cause injury are not allowed in cabin baggage.
allows passengers to travel with some non-traditional travelling items.
Items include scuba diving equipment, skis and surfboards. Special
baggage can be carried free of charge as part of your free checked
baggage allowance. If you are traveling with an infant you are allowed an
additional piece of checked baggage. Items may not exceed 10-23
kilograms, depending on the flight. You are also entitled to bring one
collapsible stroller or carry-cot.
The inflight entertainment onboard all Emirates flights is a feature to behold. Take your pick from over 2000 channels of movies, music, TV shows, and games, in multiple languages. These also come equipped with Audio Descriptions and Closed Captions for the visually, or hearing impaired. Make sure to check out the monthly entertainment onboard before your flight.
Emirates feature tranquil, luxurious lounges in over 30 major international airports, providing a lavish space to unwind, a range of gourmet meal options and spa treatments. Gourmet buffets, juices bars, beauty treatments, and large plasma screen TVs are just a few of the luxury features of the Emirates lounges. These lounges are typically for First and Business Class passengers exclusively, however, day passes can be acquired at a cost.