EgyptAir is the main flag carrier of the Arab Republic of Egypt and a member of the Star Alliance. The main hub is at Cairo International Airport, where it operates scheduled passenger and freight services to more than 71 destinations throughout the Middle East, Europe, Asia, Africa and North and South America. EgyptAir is the largest airline in Africa and is headquartered in Cairo.
EgyptAir Checking In
Egypt Air requires the traveller to be present, at the airport of departure, for check in at least 120 minutes prior to schedule departure time.
EgyptAir Carry-On Baggage
You are allowed to carry 1 bag with you on the flight for no charge. The maximum weight must not exceed 8 kg. In addition to that, you may carry personal items like laptops etc.
EgyptAir Seating Options
EgyptAir offers 3 options for seating on their flights; economy class, business class and first class. Economy class legroom is 32 inches between seats. Business class legroom is 38-48 inches between seats. First class is 62 inches between seats. Seats may be pre-booked.
EgyptAir flies to various destinations in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Americas. As of 2009, EgyptAir has launched new services to Abuja, Nigeria; Almaty, Kazakhstan; Catania, Italy; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; and Sharq Al-Owainat, Egypt.
EgyptAir in South Africa
EgyptAir offers regular, scheduled flights to and from OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, Cape Town International Airport and Durban International Airport, South Africa.
Facts about Egypt Air
- Egypt Air allows travelling with pets. Pets travelling with passengers must be checked in at the ticket counter.
- Egypt Air offers in-flight service like snacks and beverages for purchase and complimentary meals
- The average age of the Egypt Air airline fleet is 5.2 years. The fleet consists of Airbus and Boeing aircrafts.
- For flights to international destinations, one piece checked baggage and one carry-on item are allowed free of charge
- Extra seats can be booked for special baggage