British Airways South Africa
Looking to fly in true British style in South Africa? Book your British Airways SA flights using the flight booking form above, or read on for more information about British Airways in South Africa below.
British Airways' flights in South Africa are operated by Comair Limited, a BA franchisee and affiliate member of the Oneworld global airline alliance. The franchise agreement between British Airways and Comair dates back to 1996, and in early 2000 BA acquired a minority stake in Comair. Given Comair's steadily rising market share and commensurate turnover growth, the agreement was extended for another 11 years in 2007."
Known for its signature hospitality and great in-flight experience, British Airways / Comair is frequently the choice of business flyers in South Africa and further afield.
News & Flight Specials
- In further anticipation of the 2015 Rugby World Cup, British Airways are running a flight special to London. Pay only R10219 for a return trip from Cape Town to London. This fare is based on a 7 night return journey, for flights during September, October, November, and December. T&C's apply.
- In preparation for the 2015 Rugby World Cup, British Airways are running an exclusive special in conjunction with the three-star Royal National Hotel. Return flights from Johannesburg to London, and 5 nights of accommodation for only R15519. Contact the agents at FlightSite to find out more. Please note, this offer is based on 2 adults travelling in September 2015. T&C's apply.
- British Airways are on hand to assist you in securing
your dream holiday with a range of low deposits. Book your flight online, pay
the low deposit, and simply make sure you pay the full balance at least 10
weeks before you travel. This offer is available for booking created as flight +
hotel or flight + car packages. A range of holiday destinations are featured in
this special, including Mauritius, Barbados, Hong Kong and New York. Terms
& Conditions apply!
British Airways are running a number of exclusive winter
getaway and summer holiday flight specials. Book before June 5, 2015 to secure
a flight from Johannesburg - London for R9628.72 during the month of July 2015,
and R8738.72 between November 1, 2015 and February 29, 2016. Contact the
helpful FlightSite call centre to find out more! Terms and conditions apply.
- Earlier this year, AirlineRatings.com released its annual list of the world's 10 safest airlines, and unsurprisingly, British Airways was among this listing. Along with Qantas, Cathay Pacific Airways, Emirates and others, this award illustrates the British Airways is at the forefront of safety innovation in the aviation industry. This honour is also significant given that 2014 was considered one of the worst years in global aviation history, given the amount of high-profile fatal accidents.
- With Easter coming up, British Airways South Africa are offering Easter flight specials between Johannesburg and Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth. Each of the flight specials include the flight AND three nights in a luxury hotel. These prices are per person, and based on 2 adults travelling from Johannesburg in May 2015. The offer ends 31 March 2015. Prices: Cape Town: R3855, Durban: R3089, Port Elizabeth: R3399. Hotels in Cape Town on offer include Three Cities Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel & Spa, Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, and Cape Royale Luxury Hotel; hotels in Durban on offer include the Holiday Inn Express Umhlanga, the Saint James On Venice, and the Three Cities The Square Boutique Hotel & Spa; and lastly, hotels on offer in Port Elizabeth include the The Kelway, The Paxton Hotel and the Garden Court Kings Beach.
Headquartered in Johannesburg at OR Tambo International Airport, Comair operates scheduled services on numerous high-traffic domestic routes, focusing on flights to Cape Town and Durban. Comair / British Airways also flies to Mauritius, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe on a regular basis.
Frequent Flyer Programme
The British Airways Executive Club is a reward programme for people who love to travel. Free to join, benefits come partly in the form of Avios points, which are the reward currency of the Club.
There are many ways to collect them - such as taking particular flights, staying in particular hotels and shopping is specific retail outlets. There are also many ways to spend them - such as flights, upgrades and international accommodation. Your Avios points can be tracked online, through the British Airways Executive Club portal.
The main point of contact for British Airways South Africa is through their website. Alternatively, keep an eye on FlightSite.co.za and book your own flights online, or call 0860 23 24 25 now to speak to one of our expert travel consultants.
To find out more about careers available within British Airways South Africa, take a look around their 'Careers Portal'.
In South Africa, the BA / Comair fleet consists, in the main, of Boeing 737s. Their new fleet of next-generation, fuel efficient Boeing 737-800s acquired in late 2013 is already giving Comair a strategic advantage in terms of operational costs. In contrast, key competitor SAA is blaming its ageing fleet and high fuel bills for rocketing flight ticket prices and plummeting financials.
In a market where a succession of low cost operators and emerging airlines have been crushed by anti competitive behaviour by SAA and Mango, in particular, Comair's growth and increasing profitability is significant. Yet it's not been all smooth sailing; between November 2013 and January 2014, fuel prices have risen from around R8 to R9 per litre, costing Comair / British Airways an additional R20 million per month.
While this factor clearly places pressure on the airline to raise flight prices, Comair shareholders have no reason to complain; the airline reported an interim dividend of 5c per share following a strong performance in its half year to December 2013.
Baggage Allowances on British Airways South Africa vary according to your specific flight number and airline ticket. However, the baggage fares include at least one bag per person of up to 23kg. To check the specifications of your baggage allowance, visit Managing My Booking.
How To Book
Be your own Travel Agent and book your flight online by filling out the relevant booking form on FlightSite. Alternatively, call 0860 23 24 25 now to speak to one of our expert travel consultants.
BA Code Share Agreements
Comair / British Airways presently has code sharing agreements in
place with the following airlines: Iberia, KLM, Cathay Pacific and
Kulula Airlines, Comair's local low cost carrier brand.