Fly with SAA Airlink
South African Airlink is privately owned. The airline operates as a franchisee of South African Airways. The airline has developed into South Africa's first feeder network. It is specifically aimed at linking smaller towns, regional centres and hubs throughout South Africa. Airlink successfully completed the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) and were placed on the IATA Register on 6 February 2008. Their passenger profile represents 30% leisure and 70% business. Airlink carries over 80 000 passengers every month.
For domestic flights, travellers are required to attend 1 hour and 30 minutes before departure. For International/regional flights, travellers are required to attend 2 hours before departure. In the event that a passenger fails to check in by the time specified, Airlink reserves the right to cancel the reservation and the fare paid by the passenger will be forfeited.
Each passenger may carry hand baggage suitable for placement in the closed overhead rack or under the passenger´s seat. The maximum dimensions for one piece carry on baggage are L52cm x H40cm x W23cm. The maximum weight is 8kg.
Seats are allocated at check-in on a first come, first serve basis. Pre-allocation of seats is not possible.
Airlink offers flights to smaller towns and regional centres. Airlink serves the following destinations; South Africa, Lesotho, Madagascar, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Facts about SAA Airlink
- SAA Airlink allows travelling with pets. Pets travelling with passengers must be checked in at the ticket counter.
- SAA Airlink offers in-flight service like snacks and beverages for purchase and complimentary meals.
- Airlink airline fleet consists of 29 aircrafts, each of which is well maintained on a regular basis.
- Checked baggage you may carry depends on which service class you are flying.
- Extra seats can be booked for special baggage