Fly with SAA Airlink
South African Airlink is privately owned. The airline operates as a franchisee of South African Airways. The airline has developed into South Africa's first feeder network. It is specifically aimed at linking smaller towns, regional centres and hubs throughout South Africa. Airlink successfully completed the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) and were placed on the IATA Register on 6 February 2008. Their passenger profile represents 30% leisure and 70% business. Airlink carries over 80 000 passengers every month.
Airlink offers flights to smaller towns and regional centres, including: Port Elizabeth, Durban, East London, Bloemfontein and George.
Airlink also serves a range of international destinations, including: Cairo, Dubai, Windhoek, Dar es Salaam, Addis Ababa and Accra.
Frequent Flyer Programme
Voyager is South African Airways’ Loyalty programme. It serves to thank frequent flyers for choosing the airline, by giving them reward Miles for every time they fly with Airlink. These Miles can be redeemed for free flights, upgrades and much more.
There are 5 tiers for Voyager: Blue, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Lifetime Platinum - with each tier providing members with exclusive, specific benefits. Sign up is free!
Local: (South Africa) 0861 606 606
International: +27 11 978 111
The general free allowance on SAA Airlink flights is 20 kg in Economy Class and 30 kg in Business Class.
- If passage is between Johannesburg and Harare/Bulawayo/Lusaka/Ndola where an allowance of 30 kg in Economy Class and 40 kg in Business class applies.
- If you are flying on a single-contract/interline no-stop ticket connecting with an SAA Regional or International flight where the baggage allowance will be stated on your ticket.
- If you are a South African Airways Voyager card holder additional free baggage allowances apply.
Each passenger may carry hand baggage suitable for placement in the overhead rack or under their seat. The maximum dimensions for one piece carry on baggage are L52cm x H40cm x W23cm. The maximum weight is 8 kg.
Seats are allocated at check-in on a first come, first serve basis. Pre-allocation of seats is not possible.
For domestic flights, travellers are required to attend 1 hour and 30 minutes before departure. For International/regional flights, travellers are required to attend 2 hours before departure.
Did you know?
- SAA Airlink allows travelling with pets. Pets travelling with passengers must be checked in at the ticket counter.
- SAA Airlink offers in-flight service like snacks and beverages for purchase and complimentary meals.
- Airlink airline fleet consists of 29 aircrafts, each of which is well maintained on a regular basis.
- Checked baggage you may carry depends on which service class you are flying.
- Extra seats can be booked for special baggag.