Posted by jeanv on August 24th, 2011
Any person living in South Africa, and perhaps even further abroad, has had or heard of a braai.
If you havent ever heard of a braai, then I suggest you Google it as quickly as you can, and bring yourself up to speed. Because in exactly 30 days South Africa will be celebrating National Braai Day – “formally” known as National Heritage Day. Well, it still is Heritage Day, but how better to celebrate this proudly South African day than with a huge fire and your choice of meat and beverage on hand.
Flightsite.co.za have some great local packages available, so if you would prefer to celebrate this day with your loved one cosied up in front of a fire, or celebrating with friends or family, then have a look at what we have available!
Posted by jeanv on August 23rd, 2011
Now is definately the right time to get your end of year holiday booked. Prices do increase over the festive season, so don’t leave it all to the last minute.
Flightsite.co.za have some great offers for travellers, whether you are looking for somewhere local, or International. If you are considering an International holiday, there are a few things to remember. Visas should be your first priority. Your budget could be blown just by making the simple mistake of not checking on visa requirements.
Flightsite.co.za are offering a great special to Greece. It is available till the end of September, and you cant go wrong with this destination.
In Greece, there is such a mixture of colours and cultures. You are surrounded by the power of its history, and have the advantage of the warmth of the being at the southern most point of Europe.
Even though statistically you are in a country that is small, it is not lacking in diversity. You will see landscapes that have graced the fronts of postcards for years, they become vivid and their beauty is superior.
There is no shortage of traditional market areas, but Greece remains famous for their famous fashion retail labels that are on offer for shopping. Spas and Wellness centres are available for luxury time and when you have had a full day of shopping and pampering, a traditional Taverna or Café by the sea or in the mountains will satisfy any appetite.
So if this sounds like your kind of holiday, beautiful beaches, museums and more then consider Greece as your destination. No vaccinations are required, but a Schengen Visa is compulsory!
Posted by jeanv on August 2nd, 2011
There are many things to remember when travelling with kids, in fact, there is quite a long list of things that need to be done in preparation for the journey. It definately doesnt have to be daunting, but the prep work is crucial!! I think the most important point to start with is to plan on where you’re going! A “10th story building room with a view” is not going to do work if you’re taking a curious toddler along! And on the other hand, a beach front villa would be beautiful, but not if the weather deosnt play along and you have a new born who cant leave the house.
We have listed what we think are the main things to remember when you start planning your trip, just a few hints and tips that could probably change your holiday from a disaster to a dream:
- If you’re planning your first trip with a child, pace yourself. Things will take longer, packing will be slower and travelling will be interrupted! Be realistic about what you expect from your holiday, and what you’ll be able to cover.
- Phone ahead! If you need a cot, ask the hotel to supply one. The less you have to travel with the better – for obvious reasons!! If you’re flying, try and bypass the first flights out of or into major hubs, or flights that business people might overload, such as a late afternoon/early evening “commuter” flights. Fewer passengers on the plane mean more seating options for you and your kids.
- Buy a new bag of toys for the car or plane. Don’t underestimate the value of new loot for the car or plane ride!
- Always check for special family deals, from discounted rates to free meals for children; many international chains offer these. Most hotels and guesthouses provide breakfast, but unless it’s included in the room rate, it’s often a waste of money for children, particularly if they only eat a piece of bread or a bowl of cereal. If breakfast isn’t included, try asking for ‘complimentary’ ones for the children. Alternatively, you could take along something to snack on for the first day, and buy in a simple breakfast to eat in your room thereafter.
- Pre-book your accommodation before you go, but allow yourself to stay flexible, in case the place you get to is not suitable Always check the vaccination requirements for the country you are going to at least 2 months in advance. You dont want to find out 3 days before you leave that your child cannot receive a yellow fever injection!
- No matter what age your child is, if they still fit in a pram or buggy – take it along! Its easy to entertain your child for 5 minutes but even a tiny toddler gets heavy when carried for any length of time. Even if your child doesnt need regular medication, pack an emergency bag of it anyway! Communication gets incredibly difficult in a foreign country. And don’t forget the sunscreen!!!!
- Once you’ve researched your destination, prepare a list of possible activities that take various lengths of time and suit different weather conditions. If you’ve more than one child, give each a turn to make choices from the activities list.
But last but not least, involve your kids (if possible). Planning a trip carefully is the first step in insuring its success! Visit www.flightsite.co.za for some great family getaways. Paris Disney, Orlando Disney or even somewhere local, we have it all!
Posted by jeanv on July 20th, 2011
Who wouldn’t want the opportunity to win a holiday away. Competitions these days are complex and seem to be question after question to get to a final point!
Can you remember the last time you won anything?
Well perhaps now its your time, so get over to Flightsite.co.za and enter, it will take you 5 minutes and could result in a magnificent holiday in Zanzibar. Think about it, who wouldn’t want to sink their toes into sun warmed soft white sand, sip on gorgeous cocktails that have decorations good enough to eat, and of course enough food to make sure you never go hungry again.
So, dont miss this, 5 minutes could mean 7 days on your very own tropical paradise.
Here are a few reasons why a beach holiday in Zanzibar is what you need right now:
- The beach with its feel, smells and sounds can make you forget about everything else by simply relaxing and absorbing it
- Salts and special minerals in the sea’s water have wonderful benefits for you, physically as well as mentally.
- The body needs vitamin D for the normal and healthy growth of teeth and bones, and the sun is a primary source of that important ingredient.
- There is never a shortage of things to do when you are on a beach holiday, from ordinary sunbathing and swimming to the more adventurous activities like snorkeling, diving and surfing
- Zanzibar’s brilliant white beaches lapped by the warm turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean provide the perfect place to relax, soak up the sun and take a break from some busy sightseeing as the sun settles into the Indian Ocean.
- You can get an equal amount of culture and relaxation, visiting the wonderful old world of Zanzibar
So stop what you’re doing and go to Fightsite.co.za and enter and you could also be saying ‘ wish you were here………….”
Posted by jeanv on June 28th, 2011
We have sourced some of the best deals to celebrate Christmas in July at FlightSite.
If you are interested in a golf weekend, then L’Ermitage would be your place to go, but parhaps you are looking for sun, sea and sand then head off to Thailand for a few days. There is nothing that a few rays of sun cant fix in the middle of this ice cold winter we’re having!
Maybe you’re looking for a family friendly holiday, and Disneyland Paris has the most awesome special, good enough for the whole family.
Remember, we’re celebrating Christmas in July so be festive and joyous and enjoy the gift of giving. Its the warmest way to escape the cold!!!
visit http://www.flightsite.co.za/packages/category/christmas_in_july/ to check out our awesome specials!!!